Friday, September 21, 2007

Suisse!

So I arrived at Charles de Gaulle airport on Tuesday morning and took a train straight down to Saint Etienne. It has been a crazy last 3 days because I found out that there was not a room for me anymore at the high school. The first 2 nights I ended up staying with one of the female English teachers at the school (up in the French countryside!). Her and her husband have been extremely accomodating and helping me get down to Saint Etienne to find a place to live, bank account, etc...
Saint Etienne is about 190,000 people and I ended up finding an apartment that caters to students and other assistants as well. More on the expensive side than I was planning but it is a great location (near the city centre as well as the University, Jean Monnet). I met two other assistants which was nice to have some company while figuring out the housing situation.
Yesterday, I decided to hop on a train to Geneva to visit one of my friends from home (about 3 hours away). I am hanging out in Switzerland for the weekend and then I move into my apartment on Monday! Can't wait to get settled in and have my own place...it has been a crazy last few days. A bientot!

No comments: